[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
I love Firefox. Not had the chance to get the newest one, but I'm good with it. Even got my Dad, who isn't too savy with computers to use it, and hell, he even thinks it's great. My IE just ran so slow and didn't open, just so unresponsive, I couldn't use it...even tried Opera, most commonly on Mac, but I wasn't a fan of that, either. FF is a good stand.
Where's your God now?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try' ". [i] - Yoda[/i]
"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU WALK A MILE IN MY [censored]." [i]Danny AKA Tourettes Guy.[/i]
[img]http://www.jacobgraf.com/images/uploads/tourettesguy.jpg[/img]
I wouldn't be surprised at all. Internet Explorer is a joke, and anyone who still uses it seriously needs to change their ways. There are so many holes in and problems with that program, it isn't funny.
Officially retired
And Firefox doesn't have holes?
If more than 25 people used it, perhaps someone would exploit the holes.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I've used firefox for almost 2 years...and I've had no problems concerning the security features. IE was nothing but a headache IMO...and I never changed my browsing methods or habits when I changed browsers. If you have never tried it, give it a spin and u'll forget all about IE.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And Firefox doesn't have holes?
If more than 25 people used it, perhaps someone would exploit the holes. </div></div>
Everything has holes - even the Pentagon's security system.
It's just that Internet Explorer has a lot more, and isn't half as secure it seems. I remember back when I used Internet Explorer and would find viruses/virus alerts left and right almost every single month. With Firefox, none of this has ever happened.
Go figure.
There is really no reason to choose IE over Firefox at this time. I find that only casual computer users still use Internet Explorer, and that's because they either don't care about the browser they use or don't understand just how much better other choices can be. Even Opera is a much better alternative to IE.
Microsoft is really playing a game of catch-up with Firefox. Don't you think it's funny how Microsoft implemented "tabbed browsing" in IE7 when Firefox had it ages before? Despite the fact that IE has the most users to this day, Firefox (and even Opera as I mentioned) is a much better browser overall.
If you need more proof, just look to this link:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7....html?tag=lnav
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Firefox 2 still rules the browser roost for now, despite a much improved version of Internet Explorer. The most obvious new feature for IE 7 (tabs) has been in Firefox forever, and the security additions from Microsoft aren't enough for us to allay concerns over new possible exploits. Lastly, the extensibility of Firefox 2 is its knockout punch, and IE's add-ons cannot compare. The flexibility and customizability of Firefox might be best suited to more advanced Web users, but it has earned its spot at the top of the browsers.</div></div>
IE loses to Firefox in every single category.
Officially retired
I've been using Firefox for about 3 or 4 years and found it to be the better browser. I downloaded the beta of FireFox 3, and it does seem to be noticeably faster.
I've also seen the beta of IE8, and it is supposed to be slightly faster than vers 7.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
Bookmarks